Doctor of Law, Professor
Doctor of Law,Professor/Chair of Social Sciences
In 1974 he graduated from the Faculty of Law of Yerevan State University.
Doctor of Law
• By the decree of July 18, 2014 of RA President Aghvan Hovsepyan was appointed the Chairman of RA Investigative Committee.
• By the instruction of September 24, 2013 of RA President he was appointed a head of Committee of Legal Support of Formation of Joint Investigative Committee.
• From 2004 to September 2013 he was the Prosecutor General of the Republic of Armenia.
From 1999 to 2004 he was a Deputy Prosecutor General of the Republic of Armenia.
• From 1998 to 1999 Aghvan Hovsepyan held the post of the Prosecutor General of the Republic of Armenia.
• From April 1998 to September he was the head of investigator’s part of RA Prosecutor General’s Office.
• From 1989 to 1998 he was an investigator of particularly important cases adjunct to RA Prosecutor General.
• From 1986 to 1989 he was an investigator in Prosecutor’s Office of the region of Artik,
• From 1978 to 1986 he worked in Prosecutor’s Office of Nagorno-Karabakh Republic as a senior investigator, assistant of prosecutor, then – head of Investigative Division, assistant of prosecutor of the region of Martakert.
• His professional activity started in 1974 when he began working in Prosecutor’s Office of Segezha of Karelian Autonomous Republic as an investigator.
• The place of Prosecutor's office in the system of state bodies of the Republic of Armenia and it's legislative regulation,
• Problems of Alternative Punishments.
• He is an author of a number of books and monographs.
State and administrative awards
• By the decree of December 28, 2015 of RA President he was awarded a medal “Mkhitar Gosh” for significant contribution to strengthening legality and legal order.
• By the decree of April 14, 2012 of RF President, Aghvan Hovsepyan was awarded a Medal of Honor for contribution in the development of Armenian-Russian cooperation in the sphere of protection of legality and legal system.
• By the decree of December 29, 2006 of RA President, Aghvan Hovsepyan was awarded a medal of first degree for services rendered to Motherland for significant contribution in protection of legality and legal system.