PhD, associate professor
PhD, associate professor at the Chair of Romano-Germanic Languages and their Teaching Methods
2004-2009 – Research student at the Chair of General Linguistics, YSU
1994 – 1999 - Faculty of Romance and Germanic Philology, Department of German, Yerevan State University /Diploma with Honor/
1983-1993 - Secondary School /Ninotsminda, Georgia/
2006 – PhD, professor PhD DISSERTATION
Title: «Gender and the perception of grammatical meanings of Loan Words in German and Russian from the standpoint of their etymological interpretation». «Comparative and Typological Linguistics» Institute of Language after R. Acharyan of Armenian National Academy of Sciences (IL NAS RA), 10.02.03
2004 to present - lecturer of German at the Chair of Germanic Languages, Kh.Abovyan Armenian State Pedagogical University
2001 -2004 - lecturer of German and English at Yerevan State University for Architecture and Construction
1999-2001 – Lecturer of German at the University of International Relations after An.Shiraktsi
Bachelor’s degree course:
German as a Foreign Language, Theoretical Grammar, Theoretical Phonetics, Comparative Grammar of German and Armenian, History of German, Theory and Practice of Translation, Lexicology, Area study
Master’s degree course: German for Academic Purposes, Current Issues of Theoretical Grammar, Pragmalinguistics, Semasiology
Scope of Academic Interests
Germanistics, Theoretical Grammar, Typology
Periodical Training Courses of the Goethe-Institute and the GAES /DAAD/ in Yerevan and Germany in 2007-2015
May 2015 – GAES-Course «Fit for Teaching: Teaching of writing skills», Yerevan, discussion leader Guenther Depner
August 2014 - «Discovery of digital and analog learning worlds», Vienna, Austria
June 2014 - GAES-Course «The Place of German in modern world», discussion leader Prof. Dr. U.Ammon, Yerevan
October – December 2013 – DAAD-Scholarship Holder for Scientific Research in Germany, supervisor Prof. Dr. E.Leiss
June 2013 - GAES-Course «Linguistics», discussion leader Prof. Dr. St.Rabanus, Yerevan
June 2012 – «German, culture and art of Austria», Austrian Days in Yerevan
September 2011 - GAES-Course «Landstudy DACHL», «Pluralinguism», Prof.Dr. Krumm, Yerevan
June 2011 - GAES-Course «History and Culture of Weimar Republic», Prof. Dr. U.Sieg, Yerevan
October 2010 - GAES-Course «Teaching methods of playing», Dr. Haegi, Yerevan
July 2007 – Scholarship holder of the Goethe-Institute in Munich «Teaching Literature»
12 Articles, 1 Monography, 1 Dictionary
1. The adaptation of internationalisms in German and Russian from the point of the gender. Bulletin of Yerevan «Brusov» State Univ. of Languages and Social Sciences, Linguistics, 1 (34), Yerevan, 2015.
2. The meanings of gender of Germanic Loan Words in Russian. Collected Articles of Scientific Conference dedicated to the 90th anniversary of the ASPU after Kh.Abovyan, Yerevan, 2014.
3. Typological Characteristic of Grammatical Gender. Journal of Armenian Studies of ASPU after Kh. Abovyan, N1-2 (21-22), Yerevan, 2013.
4. Training Dictionary of German for Reading /German, Russian, Armenian, about 8000 words/. Yerevan, 2007.
5. Gender and the perception of grammatical meanings of Loan Words in German and Russian from the standpoint of their etymological interpretation. Monography, 2005.
Languages: Armenian, Russian, German (fluent), English (good)