PhD of Biology, Senior research scientist
PhD of Biology, Senior research scientist/Associate Professor/Chair of Biology, Chemistry and Their Teaching Methods
2003 Armenian State Pedagogical University named after Kh.Abovyan, Faculty of biology&chemistry
2011 Ph.D (Candidate of biological sciences), the theme of dissertation: “The changes of the bottom community of the river Hrazdan under anthropogenic impact”
G.00.11 in “Ecology” specialization
2011-present Senior research scientist at Institute of Hydroecology and Ichthyology of Scientific
Centrе of Zoology and Hydroecology (SCZHE) of NAS RA
2003-2011 Junior research scientist at Institute of Hydroecology and Ichthyology of Scientific
Centrе of Zoology and Hydroecology (SCZHE) of NAS RA
Master’s degree course
1. Ecosystem services
2. Global Ecological issues and thair solutions
3. The concepts of theory and methodology of biology
4. Interdisciplinary connections in biology
5. Assessmnet of Biodiversity and ecosystem services
Scope of Academic Interests
• Benthic fauna
• Bioindication and assessment of ecological state freshwater ecosystems according to EU WFD
• Assessment of Ecosystem services
• Elaboration of different bioindication methods for Armenian water bodies
• DNA barcoding
15.07.2019-15.10.2019 Zoological Research Museum Alexander Koenig (ZFMK), Bonn, Germany, (research topic: Revealing the benthic macro-invertebrate diversity of Lake Sevan basin (Armenia) by DNA barcoding methods)
2019- Leadership School of Women of science field. Women in politics (UN)
2018- Using DNA Technologies for Identification and Study of Invasive Alien Species and Endangered species. Minsk, Belarus, sponsored by GTI)
2018- Data Analysis with SPSS Statistical Package. Methodological training by Caucasus Research Resource Center (CRRC) Yerevan, Armenia
2014- Quantitative data analysis with SPSS: Hypothesis Testing (CRRC)
10.06.2013-07.09.2013 Leibniz-Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries, Berlin, Germany (research topic: The assessment of water quality of riverine ecosystems based on benthic macroinvertebrates according to EU Water Framework Directive (WFD))
2013-Quantum GIS and ESRI ArcGIS Young Scientists School (HIB, YBA, YSSP), Yerevan
2013- Introduction of Contemporary technologies for Monitoring and Preservation of Freshwater in Armenia/ Armenian National Academy of Sciences Institute of Molecular Biology, Yerevan
2012- Trans-Boundary River Management for the Kura River basin- Phase III, Tbilisi, Georgia
2012- Rapid ecological assessment, environmental flows, bio-monitoring, Tbilisi, Georgia
2013- Honor awarded by National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia (NAS RA)
• Member of Freshwater Biological Association (FBA)
Publications: 44 scientific publications
1. Barseghyan N., Vardanyan T., Asatryan V., Dallakyan M., Arakelyan A., Mamikonyan V. (2020). Application of new method of artificial incubation of Sevan trout (salmo ischchan, Kessler) eggs in natural condition of tributaries of lake Sevan, Vestnik of Astrakhan State Technical University. Series: fishing industry, 2020(1)., 103-110. https://doi.org/10.24143/2073-5529-2020-1-103-110
2. Asatryan V., Dallakyan, M., Vardanyan, T., Barseghyan N., Gabrielyan B. (2020) An integrative evaluation of suitability of a river for natural reproduction of trout of Lake Sevan (Armenia). Environ Sci Pollut Res 27(6), 6352–6361. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-019-07151-1
3. Asatryan V. L., Dallakyan M. R. The Rapid Biological Assessment of Ecological Status of Arpa River (Armenia). Proceedings of the IWA 11th Eastern European Young Water Professionals Conference, Prague, 2019, 23-30.
4. Asatryan V. L., Dallakyan M. R. The changes of ecological status of the Hrazdan River under the impact of Aghbyurak dam. Proceedings of the international scientific conference “Regularities of formation and impact of marine and atmospheric hazardous phenomena and disasters on the coastal zone of the Russian Federation under the conditions of Global Climatic and industrial challenges. Rostov-on-Don, 2019, p257-260.
5. V.L. Asatryan, M.R. Dallakyan (2018). Assessment of seasonal differences of ecological state of lotic ecosystems and applicability of some biotic indices in the Basin of Lake Sevan (Armenia): case study of Masrik River. Water Science and Technology: Water Supply (2018) 19 (4): 1238-1245 https://doi.org/10.2166/ws.2018.182
6. Dallakyan M., Asatryan V. New records of Haemopis sanguisuga (Linnaeus, 1758) in the drainage basin of Lake Sevan (Armenia). Proceedings of I International scientific and practical conference “Current challenges in Belarus and adjacent regions wildlife protection”, 2018, Minsk, Belarus, pp. 110-114.
7. Asatryan V.L., Dallakyan M.R. Assessment of seasonal differences of ecological state of lotic ecosystems in the basin of Lake Sevan (Armenia) by bioindication methods: case study of Masrik River. Proceedings of the IWA 10th Eastern European Young Water Professionals Conference, Zagreb, 2018, pp. 19-26.
8. Asatryan V.L., Dallakyan M.R. The applicability of macrozoobenthos based indices for the assessment of water quality of riverlike clues inflowing into Lake Sevan on example of river Lichq (Armenia). Electronic journal of Natural Sciences of NAS of RA, 1(30), 2018, 30-34.
9. V. L. Asatryan, N. E. Barseghyan, M. R. Dallakyan, T. V. Vardanyan (2018), Prompt assessment for the potential spawning areas of Sevan Trout, South-West part of Lake Sevan // Water science and technology: Water Supply journal // IWA publishing, vol. 18 no. 1, 222-232; https://doi.org/10.2166/ws.2017.112
10. V.L. Asatryan, M.R. Dallakyan, I.V. Shokhin, R.M. Aroutiounian, G.G. Matishov. Study of sustainability and conformity of functioning of lotic ecosystems on the example of the Dzknaget river (Armenia), Proceedings of the Yerevan State University, Chemistry and Biology, 2017, 51(3), p. 186–192
11. N.E. Barseghyan, T.V. Vardanyan, V.L. Asatryan, M.R. Dallakyan, The current state of Sevan Trout’ reproduction ecology. Proceedings of all-Russian conference with international participation “Biodiversity: global and local processes”, Ulan-Ude, 2016, pp. 225-226.
12. V.L. Asatryan, N.E. Barseghyan, M.R. Dallakyan and T.V. Vardanyan, The Assessment Approach for the Potential of Rivers in the South-West Part of Lake Sevan as Spawning Areas for Sevan Trout. Proceedings of the IWA 8th Eastern European Young Water Professionals Conference, Gdansk, 2016, pp. 644-651
13. V.L. Asatryan, N.E. Barseghyan, T.V. Vardanyan, H.V. Yepremyan, A.H. Hayrapetyan, M.R. Dallakyan, B.K. Gabrielyan, Analysis of the state of biocenoses that formed in shallow areas of Small Sevan (Armenia) during the period of lake’s water level rise. Inland Water Biology, 9(1), 1-7, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1134/S199508291601003X
14. The current state of spawning areas of Gegharquni and Summer trout in the basin of Lake Sevan. Asatryan V. L., Barseghyan N. E., Vardanyan T. V., Dallakyan M. R., Gabrielyan B. K., 2013. Electronic Journal of Natural Sciences, National Academy of Sciences of RA, 2(21), pp. 51-56. Published. http://ejns.sci.am
15. The ecological state of Aghstev river (Armenia) by zoobenthos community structure. Ghukasyan E. Kh., Hakobyan S. H., Dallakyan M. R., Asatryan V. L., 2013. Electronic Journal of Natural Sciences of National Academy of Sciences of RA. 2(21), pp. 57-60. Published http://ejns.sci.am.
16. The assessment of ecological state of the river Hrazdan by macrophytes and benthic fauna. Asatryan V.L., Dallakyan M.R., Yepremyan H.V., Boshyan T.V., 2012. Electronic Journal of Natural Sciences, Vol 2. Issue2 (19), pp.51-56. Published. http://ejns.sci.am.
17. The study of the biocenoses formed in the water covered areas of Lake Sevan. Dallakyan M.R., Asatryan V.L., Barseghyan N.E., Vardanyan T.V., Yepremyan H.V., Hayrapetyan A.H., 2012.Electronic Journal of Natural Sciences, Vol2. Issue2 (19), pp.56-62. Published. http://ejns.sci.am.
18. The assessment of ecological state of the rivers Gavaraget and Dzknaget by the indicators of macrozoobenthos. Asatryan V., Akopyan S., Dallakyan M., Boshyan T., 2012. Biological journal of Armenia, Vol. 64 (2), pp. 6-9. Published, http://biology.asj-oa.am/10896/
19. The current condition of river Vardenis as a habitats of brown trout (Salmo trutta Linnaeus, 1758). Vardanyan T.V., Barseghyan N. E., Dallakyan M. R., 2012. Biological journal of Armenia, Vol. 64 (1), pp.42-45. Published, http://biology.asj-oa.am/10810/
20. The main groups of bottom community of the river Hrazdan and their ecology. Dallakyan M. R., Ghukasyan E. Kh., Hakobyan S. A., 2011. Biological journal of Armenia, Vol. 63 (2), pp. 37-42. Published, http://biology.asj-oa.am/4849/
21. Assesment of water quality of the Hrazdan River by different bioindication methods. Dallakyan M.R., Ghukasyan E. Kh., Hakobyan S. H., Barseghyan N.E., 2010. Biological journal of Armenia, volume 62 (2), pp. 40-45. Published, http://biology.asj-oa.am/4735/