Doctor of physical and mathematical sciences, professor
Doctor of physical and mathematical sciences, professor/Chair of Physics and its Teaching Methods
1972-1976 Graduated from Yerevan State University, Department of Physics
Title: “Nonlinear absorption of light in quantum semiconductors in the presence of electric field”
2000 Professor for Physics, Departments of Physics and Radiophysics, Yerevan State University
1993 Doctor of Science, Department of Physics, Yerevan State University
Title: “The role of excitons in the nonlinear and collective processes”
1983 Ph.D. Institute of Radiophysics and Electronics of Armenian Academy of Science, Ashtarak, Armenia
Title: “The features of coulomb interactions in periodic semiconductor structures”
Since 2003 Professor for physics at the Yerevan State University, Chair of Microwave and
Telecommunication, Department of Radiophysics, Topic: “Surface polaritons and THz-radiation”
2000 – 2003 Professor for physics at the Yerevan State University, Chair of Quantum electronics, Department of Physics, Topic: “Excitation and propagation peculiarities of surface polaritons”
1994-2000 Associated Professor at the Yerevan State University, Chair of Quantum electronics, Department of Physics, Topic: “Superfocusing of surface polaritons”
1992-1994 Associated Professor at the Yerevan State University, Chair of Physics of Semiconductors, Department of Radiophysics
Topic: “Semiconductor sensors”
1983-1992 Senior scientific Researcher at the Research Institute of Condensed Media Physics, Department of Physics, Yerevan State University, Topic: “Nonlinear optics of excitons”
1976-1983 Junior scientific Researcher at the Research Institute of Condensed Media Physics, Department of Physics, Yerevan State University, Topic: “Semiconductor super lattices: optics of low dimensional semiconductors”
Bachelor’s degree course
Electrodynamics and STR
Master’s degree course
The main development ideas of the Quantum theory
Nanooptics and Surface Physics
Scope of Academic Interests
Nanooptics, Surface Physics, THz-radiation, Optical properties of Semiconductors
Member of the Armenian journal of Physics
Referee of the Applied Physics Letters, Journal of Applied Physics, Physics Letters A journals
2011, 2009, 2008 University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
2010 University of Jena, Germany
2007, 2005 Kaiserslautern University of Technology, Germany
2000 San-Diego Institute of Optical Communication Systems, USA
1. K. V. Nerkararyan and S. Bozhevolnyi, “Entanglement of two qubits mediated by a localized surface plasmon”, Phys. Rev. B 92, 045410 – 1-7 (2015).
2. K. V. Nerkararyan and S. Bozhevolnyi. “Relaxation dynamics of a quantum emitter resonantly coupled to a coherent state of localized surface plasmon”, Faraday Discussions, 178, 295-306, (2015).
3. Khachatur V. Nerkararyan, Sergey I. Bozhevolnyi, Relaxation Dynamics of Quantum Emitters Resonantly Coupled to a Localized Surface Plasmon, International Journal of Mathematical, Computational, Natural and Physical Engineering vol. 9, No. 5, 2015, pp. 219-224.
4. A. J. Babajanyan, T. A. Abrahamyan, H. A. Minasyan, Kh. V. Nerkararyan, Sensitive Detection of Nano-Scale Vibrations by the Metal-Coated Fiber Tip at the Liquid-Air Interface, Computational, Natural and Physical Engineering vol. 9, No. 5, 2015, pp. 651-654.
5. K. V. Nerkararyan, and I. Bozhevolnyi, “Relaxation dynamics of a quantum emitter resonantly coupled to a metal nanoparticle”, Optics Letters, Vol. 39, Issue 6, pp. 1617-1620 (2014).
6. A. Pors, K. V. Nerkararyan, and I. Bozhevolnyi, “Scaling in light scattering by sharp conical metal tips”, Optics Letters, Vol. 39, Issue 11, pp. 3308-3311 (2014).
7. Tekkozyan V., Babajanyan A., NerkararyanKh., K. Lee, "Surface plasmonpolaritons modes in a convex cylinder microresonator", Proceedings of the YSU, Physical and Mathematical Sciences, 1, 57-60, (2014).
8. Tekkozyan V., Babajanyan A., NerkararyanKh., K. Lee, Formation of excitons in semiconductor nanostructures in the presence of electron-hole plasma, Journal of Contemporary Physics (Armenian Academy of Sciences), Volume 49, Issue 3, pp 123-126 (2014)
9. V. Mkhitaryan, A. Babajanyan, K. Nerkararyan, K. Lee & B. Friedman , “The periodically graded metal–insulator–metal gap structure for plasmonic waveguides”, Plasmonics, v.8, pp.613–618 (2013).
10. V. Tekkozyan, A. Babajanyan, K. Nerkararyan, ”Analytic description of microcylindrical cavity for surface plasmonpolariton”, Optics Communications, v.305, pp.190-193 (2013).
Yerevan State University “Gold medal”, 2011
Fluent in Armenian - mother tongue, Russian, satisfactory working knowledge of English