Doctor of Sciences, Professor
Doctor of Sciences, Professor/Chair of Applied Psychology
Position / Chair
Senior lecturer at the Chair of Psychiatry and Medical Psychology of Yerevan State Medical Institute (1988-1992);
Senior lecturer at the Chair of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Medical Psychology of National Institute of Health of Ministry of Health of RA (1993-2004);
Professor at the Chair of Mental Health and Psychiatry of Armenian Medical Institute (1995-2011);
Professor at the Chair of Stressology of National Institute of Health of Ministry of Health of RA (2004-2011).
Professor at the Chair of Psychology of Yerevan State University (2007 till now).
Professor at the Chair of Psychiatry Yerevan State Medical University (2011-2012);
Professor at the Chair of Development and Applied Psychology of the Armenian State Pedagogical University after Kh. Abovyan (2011-till now);
Head of the Department of Mental Health and Psychiatry Armenian Medical Institute (2012)
1996, May Achieving the degree of Doctor of Medical Sciences; Theme: Somatized Mental Disorders (clinical aspects).
1987, Nov. Achieving the degree of Candidate of Medical Sciences; Theme: Atherosclerotic Dementia (clinical-tomographical researches).
1984-1987 Postgraduate education at the Scientific Research Institute of Clinical Psychiatry at the All-Union Scientific Center of Mental Health of AMS USSR (Moscow).
1981-1983 Internship at the Chair of Psychiatry at Yerevan State Medical Institute.
1975-1981 Yerevan State Medical Institute, Department of Medicine.
1965-1975 High school N12 after S.M. Kirov
Candidate of medical sciences [MD, PhD]
Doctor of Sciences (medicine) [MD, PhD, DSc.]
2013 Head of the clinic rehabilitation of mental health "Stress" Medical rehabilitation center "Artmed".
2012 – till now Head of the Department of Mental Health Rehabilitation "Stress+" Medical Rehabilitation Center "Artmed", Head of the Chair of Psychiatry and Mental Health Armenian Medical Institute. Member of specialized council 067 in the specialty of Psychiatry and Medical Psychology.
2011 -2012 Deputy Director of the Center of Mental Health «Stress».
2011 –2012 Yerevan State Medical University, Chair of Psychiatry, professor.
2011 – till now Armenian State Pedagogical University, Chair of Development and applied psychology, professor.
2005 - till now Professor at the Chair of Psychology of Yerevan State University.
2005-2007 Director of scientific Project «Affective and stress disorders, elaboration of early diagnosis and professional assistance methods in general medical practice».
2004 - 2011 Professor at the Chair of Stressology of National Institute of Health of MH RA
2003-2010 Member of Publishing Council of Medical Journal «Psychiatry» (Moscow, Russian Federation)
2001-2002 Director of scientific Project «Creation of post stress somatized mental disorders development model and elaboration of early diagnosis methods in the out-patients service»
2000 – 2011 Director of the Center of Mental Health «Stress».
1999 – 2001 Chief-Psychiatrist of Ministry of Health of RA
1999 Director of Project «Complex support to people, suffered from multifactorial traumatic stress: social-psychological rehabilitation and education».
1998-2000 Head of scientific researches «The biosocial nature of human: poststress somatized mental disorders».
1998 – 2000 Consultant of CJSC «Diagnostica».
1996-1998 Head of scientific researches «The Role of clinical, social and psychological factors in development of somatized mental disorders».
1995-2011 Professor at the Chair of Mental Health and Psychiatry of Armenian Medical Institute.
1995-1997 Professor at the University of Practical Psychology and Sociology.
1993-2000 Medical (Deputy) Director of the Institute of Mental Health and Rehabilitation «Stress».
1992-2004 Professor at the Chair of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Medical Psychology of National Institute of Health of MH RA.
1987-1993 Deputy Director at the Republic Hospital of Neurosis.
• Assistant of Chair of Psychiatry and Medical Psychology at Yerevan State Medical Institute.
• Head of the Department at the Psycho-neurological hospital in Kapan.
• A lecture at the Medical College in Kapan.
Bachelor's degree course: Pathology of personality; Adaptation and desadaptation; Borderline Psychiatry.
Master's degree course: Schizophrenia and schizophrenic spectrum; Neurotic, stress and somatoform disorders.
Scope of Academic Interests
Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
Somatized Mental Disorders
Psychopathology of social and political processes.
Member of Armenian Psychiatric Association (1994);
Member of New York Academy of Sciences (1996);
President of Association of Mental Health “Psychea” (1997);
Member of World Federation of Societies of Biological Psychiatry (2001);
President of Armenian Societies of Biological Psychiatry (2001-2012)
Member of International Early Psychosis Association (2001);
Member of Russian Society of BioPsychiatry (2003).
Scientific secretary of Executive Committee of Armenian Psychiatric Association (2009)
Member of Specialized Council 067 of YSMU in the Specialty of Psychiatry and Medical Psychology (2012)
Associate editor of Armenian Journal of Mental Health (2014)
Member of the Editorial Board of the scientific and practical journal «Psychiatry» (Moscow), 2003;
The responsible Secretary of the Armenian Journal of mental health (2014);
Member of the Editorial Board of the Modern European Researches Journal (Austria Salzburg, 2015).
298 scientific articles, theses, methodical letters and recommendations and monographs published:
1. Somatized mental disorders (clinical conception of development). - Yerevan, «Magistros» Publishing - house, 1996. – 218 p.
2. Ethnos, family, neurosis: a psychiatrist’s point of view. - Yerevan, «Shushan» Publishing - house, 1996. – 156 p.
3. Aggression: social or biological phenomenon. - Yerevan, 2002, «Asogik» Publishing - house, - 177p.
4. Psychosomatic correlation: psychosomatic, somatopsychic and somatoform disorder. - Yerevan, 2002, «Asogik» Publishing - house, - 68 p.
5. Stress and post-stress disorders: person and society. - Yerevan, 2003, «Asogik» Publishing - house, - 348 p. (Coauthors: Tadevosyan A.S., Jeshmaridian S.S., Manasyan N.G.)
6. Korsakova N.K., Medvedev A.V., Balashova E.Y., Sherbakova N.P., Sukiasyan S.H., Vavilov S.B.: The role of brain subcortical structures in the formation of symptoms of the disturbance of mental functions in vascular dementia. / Reader of Neuropsychology / Editor-in-chief Khomskaya E.D. – Moscow, Institute of general humanities, Moscow Psychological-social Institute, 2004. – p. 896, - Part XII. Neuropsychology of late age (co-authorship).
7. The history of civilization malady: the diagnosis of terrorism (an attempt of a psychopathological analysis). - Yerevan, «Asogik» Publishing - house, 2005, - 266 p.
8. Psychiatry: part 1 /Ed by S.H. Sukiasyan, S.P. Margaryan. - Yerevan, «Asogik» Publishing - house, 2006, - 193p.
9. Psychiatry: part 2 /Ed by S.H. Sukiasyan, S.P. Margaryan.- Yerevan, «Asogik» Publishing - house, 2007, - 326p.
10. Notes psychiatrist: beat or not to trumpet / Yerevan, «Antarez» Publishing - house, 2010. – 152 p.
11. The problems of border psychiatry in general medical network: evidence of clinical and epidemiological research. - Publishing house «Palmarium Academic Publishing», AV Akademikerverlag GmbH & Co. KG. - With 229 .: ISBN 978-3-659-98581-2.
12. Posttraumatic Stress Disorders / Ed. VA Soldatkin (Authors: Agibalova TV, Alexandrowskiy Y.A., Bocheeva EA…Sukiasyan S.G….). - Rostov-on-Don: Publishing house of Rostov State Medical University, 2015. - 624 p.
Collection of scientific works;
1. Stressology - science about suffering. - Yerevan, 1997 (collective monograph).
2. Mental Health and Christianity: collaboration and overcoming. /Collection of scientific works. / Ed. by Samvel Sukiasyan and Samvel Jeshmaridian. – Yerevan, “Asogik” Publishing - house, 2001. - 176 p.
WFSBP, 2005 - Diploma for active participation
Medal «Mother's Gratitude»
Who's Who in America, Publication: Who's Who in Medicine and Healthcare, 2011-2012 - Specialist of the Year;
Prizewinner the All-Russian contest «The best scientific paper - 2014»
Languages: Armenian (fluent), Russian (fluent), English (I translate occupational texts with a dictionary)