PhD in Philology, Lecturer
PhD in Philology, Lecturer/Chair of Romano-Germanic Languages and their Teaching Methods
2011-2015-PhD student at YSU, Faculty of Armenian Philology, Chair of General Linguistics.
PhD dissertation theme-«Compound Words with Nominal Bases in the Systems of Word-Formation of the Armenian and English Languages»
2007-2009-YSU, Romance and Germanic Philology Faculty, Department of English Philology: is awarded the Master’s Degree of Philology in the Field of «English Language». Diploma with honour.
2003-2007-YSU, Romance and Germanic Philology Faculty, Department of English Philology: is awarded the Bachelor’s Degree of Philology, Pedagogy in the Field of «English Language and Literature». Diploma with honour.
1993-2003-Secondary School N 133, after G. Addaryan.
2013-till present Kh. Abovyan Armenian State Pedagogical University /lecturer of English/
2012-2013- «Eurasia International University» /teacher of English/
2010-2011- College «Quantum» /teacher of English/
2009-2010- AMAP (Armenian Monuments Awareness Project) /translator-interpreter of English/
2016, PhD in Philology, Dissertation theme: "Noun-Based Structural Patterns in the Armenian and English Word-Formation Systems", Institute of Language after R. Acharyan of Armenian National Academy of Sciences (IL NAS RA), Specialised degree-awarding Council 019, Fields of expertise/specialization: Gene
Bachelor’s degree course: English (Practical English, Writing skills, Grammar), Theory and Practice of Translation Studies, Lexicology, Contrastive typology, Translation Studies
Master’s degree course: Supervisor of graduation theses
Scope of Academic Interests
General and Comparative Linguistics, Linguistic Typology, Lexicology (word-formation), pragmatics, Translation Studies.
«Foreign Languages in Armenia. New Challenges, New Approaches» (organized by YSU, devoted to the 90th anniversary of YSU on April 15, 2009, Yerevan, Armenia)
«New ELT Courses and Teaching Methodology in Armenia» (organized by Manmar CJSC PH and conducted by Mr. Robert Dean, Longman Pearson PH on February 7 and 8, 2011, Yerevan, Armenia)
«New Opportunities in ELT with Cambridge University Press» (organized by Manmar PH CJSC and conducted by Mr Jim Kalathas, Cambridge University Press, on April 19, 20 and 21, 2011, Yerevan, Armenia)
«Road to IELTS», Partnership For Success Conference Hosted by the British Council Armenian Branch, 22 March, 2014
«Training Course for the English Language Specialists», organized by Manmar PH CJSC (Official representative of Cambridge University in Armenia), May 7-8, 2014
British Council Armenia’s Annual Professional Development Workshop Series delivered by Alec Williams on 27 and 28 November 2015
British Council Armenia’s Annual Professional Development Workshop Series delivered by Jim Scrivener on 14 and 15 of February, 2015
1. On Refusal Strategies in Modern English, «Armenian Folia Anglistika», «Lusakn» publishers, Yerevan, 2009, N 1-2 (6), pp. 101-108
2. On the Multifunctional Character of Questions (with special reference to verifying and identifying questions), (authors-G. Harutyunyan, S. Karapetyan), «Armenian Folia Anglistika», «Lusakn» publishers, Yerevan, 2010, N 1-2 (7), pp. 38-44
3. The Philosophical Problems of Ernest Hemingway's Narrative «The Old Man and the Sea», Scientific Journal «Psychology and Life» N 1-2, «Zangak», Yerevan, 2013, pp. 79-83
4. Attributive Compounds in the English and Armenian Languages, «Bulletin of Yerevan State University», «Philology», N 1 (142), Yerevan, 2014, pp. 61-67
5. The Structural and Semantic Peculiarities of Interrogative and Exclamatory Sentences in Modern Armenian, «Collection of Scientific Articles of Gavar State University» N 1, GSU, 2014, pp. 520-529
6. Compounds with Noun Bases in the Armenian and English Languages, Collection of Scientific Articles of the Conference of «Armenological Problems and Development Perspectives», YSU publ. house, Yerevan, 2015, pp. 90-98
7. Comparative Analysis of Nominal Analytical Reduplicatives in the Armenian and English Languages, «Bulletin of Yerevan State University», «Philology», N 1 (16), «Lusakn» publishers, Yerevan, 2015, pp. 61-72
8. General Tenets on English and Armenian Word-Formation (Compounds with Noun Bases), «Language and Literature in the Contemporary Paradigm of Scientific Knowledge» Collection of articles N 6, «Lusakn» publishers, Yerevan, 2015, pp. 18-23
9. Phraseological Units with a Noun as the Head Word in Armenian and English, Scientific Journal «Foreign Languages in Higher Education», N 1 (18), YSU publ. house. Yerevan, 2015, pp. 30-40
10. On the Problem of Differentiation of Compound Words and Word-Combinations in English and Armenian, «Bulletin of Yerevan State University», «Philology», N2 (17), «Lusakn» publishers, Yerevan, 2015, pp. 58-66
11. The Classification of Phraseological Units in English with Special Reference to Armenian, «Journal for Armenian Studies», N 2, (30), Yerevan, 2015, pp. 25-33
12. Conjunctional Analytical Compounds with a Noun Component/Components in Armenian and English, «Young Linguists’ Republican Conference Reports», Yerevan, 2015, NAS RA, «Science» publishers, pp. 5-17
Languages: English, Russian, Spanish