Doctor of History, Professor
Doctor of History, Professor /Chair of the History of Armenia
• 1981-1984. Studied in the faculty of history of Yerevan State University (available).
• 1976. entered the Faculty of History of Yerevan State University. 1981 graduated from the History Faculty, specializing as a historian, history and social science teacher.
• 1966. entered School No. 97 of Yerevan. In 1973 moved to school N 159 in Yerevan, in 1976 finished school No. 159.
• Born in 04.12.1959. Place of birth, village Chardakhlu - Armenian Utik World – Gardmank province of Azerbaijan.
• 1988. In Professional Council of the Institute of Markhsizm-Leninizmof the Communist Party of Armenia (index, D. 151.14.01) («The Activity of Communist Party of Armenia towards raising social-political and working activity of the working class during the Tenth Five-Year») defended his thesis and received (entitled) the degree of candidate of historical sciences.
• 2008. Professional Council of the Institute of History of National Academy of Armenia (Code: 004), entitled «The creation and activity of the state security system of the Republic of Armenia (1918-1920)», defended his doctoral dissertation and received the degree of Doctor of Historical Sciences. Thedoctoral dessertion was establishies 27.03.2009 by (RAHQI)..
• 23.01. 2011. By the Supreme Certifying Commission of the Republic of Armenia received the title of professor.
• 2014. Works at Armenian State Pedagogical Universityafter Kh. Abovyan, Chair of Armenian History.
• From 2012 to 2014 took the position of professor of history and political science department of the State Engineering University of Armenia.
• 2004-2006. Acting Head at the Department of State to political history.
• 1998. Deputy head at the Department of general Economics and social-politics in ASUA.
• 1989-2012. Senior lecturer, associate professor in the State Engineering University of Armenia (SEUA) (Polytechnic).
• 1984. a lecturer at the Yerevan Polytechnic Institute.
• «Armenian History». General University course.
Masters Degree course
• «The creation and activity of the State security system of the Republic of Armenia in 1918-1920 (Reconnaissance and counterreconnaissance services, Army, MIA)course.
• Courses: 1. «The history and historiography of the Armenian national-liberation movement of the XIX century» training course 2. «The main questions of the History of State-political system of the First Republic of Armenia»
Vanik Virabyan participated in several international conferences and author of about 80 scientific and educational publications. Currently working in the following areas:
1. «The history of the creation and development of the national security system. Historical and political developments in the modern era state security system. Armenian Reconnaissance services and army in the 20th - 21st centuries.
2. «The Armenian-Georgian inter-state and inter-ethnic relationships in 1917-1923. Armenia-Georgia historical-political relations, and border-territorial conflicts and other situations in the 20th century».
3. «Problems of modern Armenian history. The Historical analaysis of the main important historical and political events and processes of regional geopolitical developments in the 20th century. Armenia in the 20th century. History of Armenia, comparative analysis (from ancient times to our days)».
/For the last five years, or the most important for the scientist/
1. Methodical Guidance to course of History of Armenia,Yerevan, ESU Press, 2011, 68 p.:
2. Methodical Guidance to course of History of Armenia, Yerevan, Chartaraget Press, 76 p.:
3. The Republic of Armenia, 1918 -1920. Educational Textbook for universities, Yerevan, ESU Press, 2011, 204 p.:
4. History of Armenia. Educational Textbook, Yerevan, Chartaraget Press, 2013, 160 p.:
5. The creation and activity of the state security system of the Republic of Armenia (1918 -1920), (Investigation,army,MIA), Monography, 2015, 746 p.:
6. The Armenian-Georgian military-political relations and Lori Neutral zone (1920-1921). (The border-territorial demarcation), Yerevan, ESU Press, 2015, 92 p.:
1. The role of the Intelligence service of Armenia in the case of revealing the undermining activity of the Tekiski Khan in Armenia (1918-1920), History and Culture. Journal of Armenian Studies (collection of scientific articles), volume I, Yer.,YSU Press, 2011, p. 176-196:
2. The formation and activity of the Intelligence Service of the Republic of Armenia in 1918-1920, Bulettin (collection of scientific articles), Stepanakert, Dizak Plus, 2011, N 1 (10), p. 61- 75:
3. About Intelligen ceactivity of Tigran Devoyanc,Courier of social sciences, Yer., Institute of History of NAS RA Press, 2011, N 1-2 (630), p. 320-336:
4. Documents of Armenian Secret Service on Military-Political Events in Turkey (August-November 1919), Historical-philological journal, Institute of History of NAS RA Press2011, N 1 (186), p. 309-322:
5. Round the History of the Work-Organization of Military Representatives of the First Republic of Armenia Abroad activity(1918-1920), Bulettin (collection of scientific articles), Stepanakert, Dizak Plus, 2011, N2 (11), p. 73-85:
6. Artsakh-Kharabakh question on the Transcaucasian April conference of 1920, Materialsof scientific conference: International scientific conference dedicated to the 20 th anniversary of the NKR and the RA Independence, Peacful Caucasus as a factor of Region development, November 4, 2011, Stepanakert, MesropMashtots University /NKR ESM, Yerevan, Limush Press, 2011, p. 275-290:
7. Prevention of the Anti-Armenian Activities of Enemy-Spies in Armenia (1918-1920). The Case of Anton Marokutti and Ivan Tarakanov(1918 -1920): History and Culture. Journal of Armenian Studies (collection of Scientific articles), volume II, Yer., YSU Press, 2011, p. 26-44:
8. The main Problems of the Armenian Army. The Struggle of the Government as well as the bodies of the Ministry ofInner Affairs of the RA against Desertion 1918-1920, Bulettin (collection ofscientific articles), Stepanakert, Dizak Plus, 2012, N1 (12), p. 141-165:
9. Tigran Devoyants reports on the military-political events in Turkey and Western Armenia,Courier of social sciences, Institute of History of NAS RA Press,2012, N 2-3, p. 389 -406:
10. The Activities of the Intelligence Section in the Republic connected with exploration of subversive activities of Azerbaijani-georgian and other hostile forces in 1918-1920, Bulettin (collection of scientific articles), Yer., «Limush» Press, 2012, N 2 (13), p. 164 -194:
11. The activity Internal affairs, Militia services to establish order and law in the country 1918-1920. International Scientific Conference, devoted to the 15thAnniversary of Mesrop Mashtors University «Education and science in the Era of Globalization», 3-4 november, 2012, Stepanakert. Conference materials, NKR Ministry of Education and Science, Yrevan, «Limush» Press, 2012, p. 140 -152:
12. Reports of the Head of the Armenian Intelligence Group Tigran Devoyants in K.Polis about Military-political events in Turkey and in the Republic of Armenia, History and Culture. Journal of Armenian Studies (collection of Scientific articles), volume III, Yer., YSU Press, 2012, p. 17-47:
13. Staff of the Intelligence Service of the First Republic of Armenia: Portraits and, Bulettin (collection 0f scientific articles), Stepanakert, Dizak Plus, 2013, N 1 (14), p. 142-166:
14. Financial and Economic arrangements of the Government of the RA in the sphere of Intelligence and Counter-Intelligence Sections of the Military ministry, History and Culture. Journal of Armenian Studies (collection of scientific articles), volume III, Yer., YSU Press, 2014, p. 7-24:
15. Pages from LevonBashinjagyans Intelligence biography. History and Culture. Journal of Armenian Studies (collection of scientific articles), volume III, Yer., YSU Press, 2014, p. 21-40:
16. The organization and the activity of the Intelligence Service in the Republicof Armenia in Republic of Armenia (1918-1920), Courier of social sciences, Institute of History of NAS RA Press, 2015, N 2, p. 241-255:
17. About question of causes and beginning of Georgian-Armenian war in December 1918,. History and Social Sciences.Earbbook (collection of scientific articles), 2015, N 1, Yer., Armenian State Pedagogical University after Kh.Abovyan, 2015, p. 226-249:
18. Mamuka Gogititdze, Georgi Bezhitashvili, The military Elite of Armenia, Armenological Issues, Bulettin, Yer., YSU Press, 2015, N 3 (6), p. 211-216:
1. 2003 Vastakagir connected with the university's 70th anniversary, University's assessment of long-term fruitful work and valuable contribution.
2. 2008. A letter of gratitude in the occasion of University's 75th anniversary, the university's evaluation for the diligent work.
3. 2009.The first prize for the best monography established by State Engineering University.
2013. 4. Certificate on the 80th anniversary of the university, the university's evaluation for the diligent work.
Language - Armenian, Russian, English.