Admissions Guidelines for the Diaspora and International Students
Admissions of foreign citizens is made in accordance with the “Admissions procedures of foreign citizens to the RA Higher Educational Institutions” approved by the decision of the RA Government.
Foreign persons, willing to study at the Armenian State Pedagogical University after Khachatur Abovyan, must submit a complete package of documents to the RA Ministry of Education and Science. (Address: 5 Vazgen Sargsyan Street, Yerevan, 0010, Armenia).
Prior to applying to the RA Ministry of Education and Science, we advise you to apply to the Admissions Committee and the Department of International Cooperation of the Armenian State Pedagogical University after Khachatur Abovyan to find out about the list of programmes, tuition fees and admissions deadlines.
- Copy of the proof of academic degree (including the transcripts) translated and approved by the Notary; in separate cases international authentication (Apostil) is also needed
- Medical reference stating general health condition
- Passport translation authorised by the Notary
- For applicants from the Diaspora, copy of their birth certificates approved by the Notary or copy of baptism certificate
- 4 photos of size 4 x 5
- Resume in Armenian, English or Russian languages
- Completed application form (you can complete the form when submitting your documents or download it from the RA MES website) addressed to the RA Minister of ES ( applicants may complete the form when submitting the documents package at the RA MES)
For postgraduate programmes applicants must present a scientific essay of 20 pages in Armenian, Russian or English languages
In addition to the BA and MA courses, the ASPU has the Foundation Department for foreign citizens (Address: 17a Tigran Mets Street, Room 216 (2nd floor, administrative building), Yerevan, Tel. 010 597094). Foreigners with educational level in compliance with the RA secondary schools programme, including persons not fully mastering Armenian language, can apply for foundation courses.
At the end of the academic year, foreign students, who successfully pass their examinations, are admitted to the relevant faculty.
- Visa information can be found on the webpage Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Armenia at http://www.mfa.am/en/visa.
- Foreign applicants enrolled in the Armenian State Pedagogical University after Kh. Abovyan must apply for residency in the RA by submitting the following documents to the Department of International Cooperation
1. Passport translation approved by the Notary
2. 3 photos of size 4x5
3. Medical reference stating general health condition (issued by the RA medical centres)
4. Application form (to be completed at the Department of International Cooperation)
5. Copies of parents’ passports
6. Copy of Birth Certificate if necessary
- Accommodation - the APSU does not have accommodation campus yet but the Department of International Cooperation will help you to find convenient rentals for $200- $400 USD within close distance from the University
- Transportation- There is a wide scope of transit options in Yerevan, such as quite comfortable buses and mini-buses of 100 AMD one direction (approximately 0.22 cents). You may also use taxis, which are also quite cheap (1 km costs 100 AMD/0,22 cents)
- Food – $ 10 USD per day. Depending on where and what you prefer to eat, the daily food costs can make $10-$20 USD. There is also a students’ canteen at the APSU where you can find food and drinks for convenient prices.
- Health insurance – students of the Armenian State Pedagogical University after Kh. Abovyan are responsible for their health and wellbeing themselves.