Admissions Guidelines for the Diaspora and International Students
Admission of foreign and Diaspora applicants is carried out in accordance with the Decree of the RA Government № 700-N "On admission to higher educational institutions of foreign citizens of the Republic of Armenia, as well as family members of the diplomats working in RA diplomatic institutions operating in foreign states", dated April 28, 2011, and the Decree of the RA Government № 1295-N “On the procedures for admission of foreign citizens to primary professional (vocational) and middle professional education institutions of the RA”, dated August 25, 2011.
Applicants wishing to study at Khachatur Abovyan Armenian State Pedagogical University must submit the complete package of documents to the RA Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport /Address: Vazgen Sargsyan 3, Yerevan 0010, Armenia, Division of Diaspora Relations (Tel. +37 -599-647), Division of Foreign Relations (tel. +374 10-599-646), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org/.
Before submitting the documents to the RA Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport, we recommend applying to the ASPU Admissions Committee /Address: Khanjyan 5, 1st floor, Tel .: +374 10-59-70-69 / or International Cooperation Department /Tigran Mets 17, 3rd floor, room 301, Tel.: +374 10-59-70-53, E-mail: email@example.com/ to find out the list of professions, tuition fees and admission dates/.
The applicants present the following documents:
- Filled-in application(see the attached form);
- Filled-in application questionnaire(see the attached form);
- Medical reference about general health status (can be provided by the medical institutions of the Republic of Armenia);
- Copy of the passport;
- Copy of the birth certificate or a copy of the baptism certificate verified by a notary (Only for Diaspora Armenians)
- Copy of the graduation certificate with the grades, translated and verified by the Notary. In the case of specific countries, international validation (Apostille) may be needed.
- 4 photos (size 3x4);
- CV in Armenian, Russian, or English;
- For the postgraduate education program, an essay on the chosen major topic in Armenian, Russian, or English (approx. 20 pages).
The documents are presented to the RA Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport:
- directly by the applicant or an authorized person;
- by the higher educational institution;
- through diplomatic representations of the RA in foreign countries.
- For admission to a free full-time bachelor’s educational program for the applicants from the Armenian Diaspora-from June 15 to August 25, 2022;
- For admission to full-time bachelor’s, as well as continuous and integrated educational programs with tuition fee -from June 15 to September 23, 2022;
- For admission to a full-time master’s educational program with a tuition fee - from June 15 to October 7, 2022;
- For admission to part-time bachelor’s and master’s educational programs with tuition fee - from June 15 to October 14, 2022;
- For admission to a postgraduate educational program with a tuition fee (PhD) -from June 15 to December 1, 2022;
- For admission to full-time primary professional (vocational) and middle professional educational institutions with tuition fee -from June 15 to August 25, 2022;
- For admission to part-time middle professional educational institutions with tuition fee - from June 15 to October 15, 2022;
- For admission to the preparatory department with tuition fee -from June 15 to November 10, 2022.
Moreover, ASPU offers 8-month long preparatory language courses for foreign citizens in Armenian, English, German and Russian. Certificates are issued upon completion of the courses. The tuition fee is 420,000 AMD.
- Visa information can be found on the webpage Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Armenia at https://www.mfa.am/en/visa/.
- Foreign applicants enrolled in Kh. Abovyan Armenian State Pedagogical University must apply for residency in the RA by submitting the following documents to the International Cooperation Department /Address: Tigran Mets 17, 3rd floor, room 301, Tel.: +374 10-59-70-53, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org /.
- Passport translation approved by the Notary;
- 3 photos of size 4x5;
- Medical reference stating general health condition (issued by the RA medical centers, with one-month validity);
- Application form (to be completed at the International Cooperation Department);
- Copies of parents’ passports;
- Copy of Birth Certificate if necessary and other documents.
- Accommodation - APSU does not have an accommodation yet but the International Cooperation Department will assist you to find convenient rentals within close distance from the University.
- Transportation- There is a wide scope of transit options in Yerevan, such as quite comfortable buses and mini-buses of 100 AMD one direction (approximately 0.22 cents). You may also use taxis, which are also quite cheap (1 km costs 100 AMD/0,22 cents)
- Food – $ 10 USD per day. Depending on where and what you prefer to eat, the daily food costs can make $10-$20 USD. There is also a students’ canteen at the APSU where you can find food and drinks for convenient prices.
- Health insurance – students of the Armenian State Pedagogical University after Kh. Abovyan are responsible for their health and wellbeing themselves.