Master’s Degree education has been successfully established at the Pedagogical University; professional educational programmes and courses have been developed and approved, the logistic stuff and teaching professorial team has been replenished. Based on the monitoring and results analysis, the following changes have been made in the MA programmes:
The Armenian State Pedagogical University after Khachatur Abovyan offers 54 full-time and 10 distant-learning MA courses in ten Faculties.
- The University’s MA courses and programmes available in all specialisations have been brought in line with the European criteria both in form and content. In this perspective great assistance has been provided through cooperation with the specialists of the University of Oulu in Finland within the scope of Education quality and compliance programme.
- Syllabi for 52 specialisations ave been reviewed, new courses have been included for each specialisation, course descriptions have been developed.
- Course descriptions have been developed for the MA taught courses in compliance to the new assessment system highlighting the research element; major portion in the assessment system has been disposed to this element.
- New disciplines have been added in a number of MA programmes; this was justified by the fact that practical skills acquired during the practical classes would improve both the quality of theoretical analysis and the learners’ analytic skills and development, together with the objectivity and reliability of results.
- The best academic resources of the country will be involved in the MA programmes. For this aim cooperation agreements have been signed with research centres of other universities and the NAS subdivisions.
The following activities have been accomplished to raise the quality of academic theses:
- A special format of evaluating and assessing the graduate academic thesis has been developed and presented, which is subject to continuous improvements and completion taking into account the suggestions from the supervisors of theses, Heads of Chairs, and the Methodological Board together with remarks of the qualification committee.
- Special formats for providing feedback on theses defence have been developed
- A database of MA theses titles has been created on the Faculty
- The research procedures for MA courses have been established; they were approved by the Academic Board
- It was decided to organize the attestation of the MA students’ research activities every semester in accordance to the abovementioned order
- Organize seminars and consultations for MA students aimed at conducting scientific activities
- Selection of research supervisors has been tightened
- It is foreseen to write thesis in the field of natural sciences on the basis of the NAS scientific institutes